Constructed India’s first analog Computer in 1952 using indigenous components.
Started research in the emerging areas of Computer Science, Control Engineering, Switching and Automata theory, Digital Logic, and Circuit Theory in the University from 1956.
Founder in-charge of first and the only Computation Centre in the University of Calcutta in 1970. It served institutions like Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, IIM-C, JU, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, DVC, Coal India, Positional Astronomy Center, North Eastern Hill University, Andhra University, River Research Institute, Kalyani University, Viswabharati University, Calcutta Port Trust (It served whole of eastern and north-east zone and partly south zone of our country).
Founder of the Department of Computer Science in the University of Calcutta in 1980.
Guided about 50 PhD students who are holding top level responsible positions in institutions like IIT, IISc, ISI, JU, CU, BESUS, foreign Universities like University of Ottawa (Canada), University of Arlington (U.S.A), Bell Telephones (future lab) and also in different industries in India and abroad.